|POSITION TITLE:||Anaesthesia Registrar – commencing asap|
|APPLICATION CLOSING DATE:||31/10/2020|
Southern DHB is currently seeking applications from RMOs interested in joining the team at Southland Hospital as an Anaesthetics Registrar.
- You’ll be part of a close-knit team of six Registrars and 13 Consultants providing elective and emergency services to the community, as well as acute pain management to patients following surgery or trauma, or during labour.
- The opportunity to work in a modern facility and provide healthcare to a large geographical area, ensuring your exposure to a wide range of work
- Excellent support and opportunities for development through a high level of SMO contact and supervision
- One year of accredited training at any level for ANZCA trainees
- 24/7 access to the library, weekly teaching and Grand Rounds, journal clubs, regular RMO forums, and exposure to a range of presentations to the hospital – all of which will equip you with a broad skill base to serve you well as you progress in your career
- One week’s free accommodation
- Free parking
- Free meals when on duty
Southland Hospital is a modern, 180+ bed, secondary level 4 base hospital situated in Invercargill, New Zealand. The Hospital services a population of approximately 108,000 throughout Invercargill, Queenstown, Gore, Stewart Island and rural Southland.
A lifestyle that is hard to beat! Southland is a wonderful place for families, with great educational facilities (primary through tertiary) and many activities available for all ages. Some of New Zealand’s most famous national parks, ski fields and wineries are within easy driving distance. To find out more about living here please click the following link https://southlandnz.com
Access to a number of Southern DHB staff holiday homes in Fiordland and Central Otago.
How to Apply
We are interested in hearing from RMOs with a minimum of two years’ post qualification experience, including at least 12 months Anaesthetics experience.
You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, and be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility for registration by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz.
Please note that your application must contain the following:
- Up to date electronic copies of your CV and cover letter
- Contact details for three Consultants we may contact directly for references. These Consultants should have supervised your day-to-day clinical work and one of the referees provided must be from your current or most recent employer. Please ensure you advise your referees of their nomination so they are aware they will be contacted by Southern DHB.
The Medical Council of New Zealand (the Council) recently introduced a new method of primary source verification using the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates’ Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (ECFMG’s EPIC) service. Please visit the NZMC website for more details about these changes and information on enrolling. We encourage you to begin this process as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about the role, the application or the recruitment process please contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy title and reference number.
You can contact the Recruitment team by emailing email@example.com, or by calling 03 470 9593 (Otago) or 03 214 7220 (Southland)
To send your details in support of an application please click the button below.