|POSITION TITLE:||Dental House Officer (commencing January 2021)|
|APPLICATION CLOSING DATE:||24/07/2020 11PM|
We are seeking a new or recent graduate to come and work with us in the Dental team at Southland Hospital.
The position is responsible for the provision of oral health care to eligible clients with a multidisciplinary team approach at the Hospital Dental Unit and community based services around and within Southland and Otago. The position will have an emphasis on the provision of emergency and routine care for adult, adolescent and paediatric patients who are medically compromised or who have special needs.
House surgeons will rotate weekly between supporting the oral and maxillofacial surgical team as well as undertaking a routine and emergency patient workload. There will be a requirement to travel to community based clinics to treat children and adolescents.
- Order and follow-up necessary investigations
- Initiate treatment as directed by senior dental staff or Consultants
- Undertake to treat patients in routine clinics in gaps created by cancellations and patients not attending scheduled appointments. In collaboration with dental receptionist
- As required the House officer will liaise with other staff members, departments and GP’s in the management of patients
- Provide clear communication with patients (as appropriate) and their families about the patients’ illness and treatment at the direction of senior dental staff and Consultants
- Participate in ward rounds
- Obtain consent for any invasive procedures
- Participate in departmental teaching session/audit Thursday 1600hrs
- Attend lunchtime Grand round Fridays 12.30pm
New to Invercargill? Don’t worry – we offer one week’s free accommodation to help you find your feet.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and follow the instructions provided.
If you have any questions about the role, the application or the recruitment process please contact the RMO Recruitment Advisor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy title and reference number.
To send your details in support of an application please click the button below.