|POSITION TITLE:General Medicine Registrar|
|APPLICATION CLOSING DATE:||Open|
Southern DHB is currently seeking applications from RMOs interested in joining the team at Dunedin Hospital as a Medical Registrar.
You’ll be part of a team working across a range of RACP accredited runs for both Basic and Advanced Training, which include:
– Internal Medicine – Cardiology (includes one Fellow position)
– Renal – Endocrinology
– Oncology – Respiratory
– Haematology – Gastroenterology
– Rheumatology – Older Peoples’ Health
– Neurology – ICU
An extensive basic training programme that is designed to provide quality examination support, resulting in good FRACP pass rates. Examples of the support on offer include access to the Dunedin written and clinical courses, regular study groups, case preparation, and Saturday morning clinical sessions.
The best of both the clinical and academic worlds through extensive links to the University of Otago’s Dunedin School of Medicine. Working closely with Consultants who are employed by both the School of Medicine and the Southern DHB you will have opportunities to link in with those at the forefront of research and/or teaching.
Regular educational opportunities, including the Medicine Grand Round, sub-speciality Grand Rounds, Journal Clubs, radiology meetings, cardiology teaching and Clinical Audit Meetings.
Regular opportunities for those interested in teaching through sessions with medical students.
In a department that has a strong academic presence, opportunities for successful candidates will be far and wide, and will involve the ability to undertake research as part of training and free meals when on duty.
Dunedin Hospital is a tertiary level hospital of 400 beds located in central Dunedin, New Zealand, servicing the city of Dunedin and the wider Otago region.
Southern DHB (which encompasses Dunedin and Southland Hospital) has a strong collaborative relationship with the University of Otago, making a number of teaching and research options possible for those keen to pursue their academic careers whilst completing their clinical work.
A lifestyle that is hard to beat! Dunedin is a wonderful place for families, with great educational facilities (primary through tertiary) and many activities available for all ages. Some of New Zealand’s most famous national parks, ski fields and wineries are within easy driving distance. To find out more about living here please click the following link: https://www.dunedinnz.com/
- You will be training towards a career as a Physician or wanting to move into General Practice or Rural Hospital Medicine.
- We are interested in hearing from RMOs with a minimum of two years’ post qualification experience and who possess a keen interest in the area of General Medicine.
- Advanced Trainees must have passed the FRACP and be deemed by the RACP as having advanced into this category of training.
- You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, and be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility for registration by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz
- Please note that your application must contain the following:
- Up to date electronic copies of your CV and cover letter
- Contact details for three Consultants we may contact directly for references. These Consultants should have supervised your day-to-day clinical work and one of the referees provided must be from your current or most recent employer. Please ensure you advise your referees of their nomination so they are aware they will be contacted by Southern DHB.
- The Medical Council of New Zealand (the Council) recently introduced a new method of primary source verification using the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates’ Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (ECFMG’s EPIC) service. Please visit the NZMC website for more details about these changes and information on enrolling. We encourage you to begin this process as soon as possible.
If you are applying for an advanced training position we recommend contacting the department of interest directly as well.
If you have any questions regarding this position please contact email@example.com
To send your details in support of an application please click the button below.