|POSITION TITLE:||House Officers or SHOs commencing May and August|
|APPLICATION CLOSING DATE:||31/08/2020 11PM|
Interested in travelling South to join a close knit and sociable team dedicated to providing our community with the best health care possible? Keen to reinforce your learning with generalist experiences? Not sure of your career path yet but want to try out different specialties first? Or… have you decided on your pathway but need some more experience in that field first? Able to commence work quarters 2 or 3 2020?
If the above sounds like you then we are keen to hear from you as we have several positions to fill in our House Officer / SHO teams for quarters 2 and 3 2020.
Where do I fit?
Southland Hospital is a 180+ bed, secondary level 4 base hospital situated in Invercargill, New Zealand. The Hospital services a population of approximately 108,000 throughout Invercargill, Queenstown, Gore, Stewart Island and rural Southland.
The generalist teams are supportive and dedicated to providing House Officers with a great experience and teaching. In addition, significant opportunities are available for those interested in growing their Clinical Governance capacity as we have a great RMO Committee who would welcome your input.
What’s in it for me?
- Unrivalled opportunities to experience the varied presentations to RMOs at the hospital, ensuring an enviable broad skill base
- The opportunity to be part of a small team with excellent access to your Registrar & Consultant
- The opportunity to work in a modern facility and provide healthcare to a large geographical area, ensuring your exposure to a wide range of work.
- Continued support in your professional development through 24/7 access to the library, weekly teaching and Grand Rounds, journal clubs, and regular RMO forums
- A lifestyle that is hard to beat! Southland is a wonderful place for families, with great educational facilities (primary through tertiary) and many activities available for all ages. Some of New Zealand’s most famous national parks, ski fields and wineries are within easy driving distance. To find out more about living here please click the following link https://southlandnz.com
- Access to a number of Southern DHB staff holiday homes in Fiordland and Central Otago
- Free parking
What do I need?
First up, you need to be at the minimum level of a post graduate year 2 House Officer as the positions we have available are not suitable for first years.
Whether you already have a career path in mind or are seeking more generalist experience, Southland Hospital has the role for you.
You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, and be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility for registration by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz.
How to Apply
Please note that your application must contain the following:
- Up to date electronic copies of your CV and cover letter
- Contact details for three Consultants we may contact directly for references. These Consultants should have supervised your day-to-day clinical work and one of the referees provided must be from your current or most recent employer. Please ensure you advise your referees of their nomination so they are aware they will be contacted by Southern DHB
The Medical Council of New Zealand (the Council) recently introduced a new method of primary source verification using the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates’ Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (ECFMG’s EPIC) service. Please visit the NZMC website for more details about these changes and information on enrolling. We encourage you to begin this process as soon as possible.
If you have any questions regarding this position please contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com
To send your details in support of an application please click the button below.