|POSITION TITLE:||O&G Registrar Southland|
|APPLICATION CLOSING DATE:||Open|
Keen to further develop your skills in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology?
Southern DHB is currently seeking applications from non-training registrars and both core and/or advanced trainees who are interested in joining the team at Southland Hospital.
You’ll be part of a small but dedicated team of Consultants, midwives, and obstetrics, gynaecology and colposcopy nurses, and offered extensive opportunities to develop your skills and talents as a Women’s Health practitioner.
You will be working with experienced surgeons, doing a variety of open, laparoscopic, and vaginal surgery. Many registrars find they get much needed exposure and experience in laparoscopic hysterectomies. There is the opportunity to upskill in colposcopy for advanced trainees, and opportunities for exposure and upskilling in ultrasound.
On any day you may be working in one of the 14 maternity rooms, four birthing rooms, operating theatre, or in our various clinics.
Southland Hospital is a modern, 180+ bed, secondary level 4 base hospital situated in Invercargill, New Zealand. The Hospital services a population of approximately 108,000 throughout Invercargill, Queenstown, Gore, Stewart Island and rural Southland. The unit itself has approximately 1500 deliveries per year.
The opportunity to work in a modern facility and provide healthcare to a large geographical area, ensuring your exposure to a wide range of work
- Excellent support and opportunities for development through a high level of SMO contact and supervision
- One year of training at any level for RANZCOG trainees
- 24/7 access to the library, weekly teaching and Grand Rounds, journal clubs, regular RMO forums, and exposure to a range of presentations to the hospital – all of which will equip you with a broad skill base to serve you well as you progress in your career
- Free parking
A lifestyle that is hard to beat! Southland is a wonderful place for families, with great educational facilities (primary through tertiary) and many activities available for all ages. Some of New Zealand’s most famous national parks, great walks, ski fields and wineries are within easy driving distance. To find out more about living here please click the following link https://southlandnz.com. Access to a number of Southern DHB staff holiday homes in Fiordland and Central Otago.
- We are interested in hearing from RMOs with a minimum of two years’ post qualification experience, including a minimum of 6 months experience working in an O&G role.
- You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, and be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility for registration by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz
- Please note that your application must contain the following:
- Up to date electronic copies of your CV and cover letter
- Contact details for three Consultants we may contact directly for references. These Consultants should have supervised your day-to-day clinical work and one of the referees provided must be from your current or most recent employer. Please ensure you advise your referees of their nomination so they are aware they will be contacted by Southern DHB.
Candidates who are not currently registered with the New Zealand Medical Council should be aware that it is a requirement of the NZ Medical Council that your qualifications are approved through EPIC. If you have a commitment to working in New Zealand it is highly recommended that you start this process as soon as possible so as to allow your subsequent registration to be undertaken in a timely fashion. For more information please visit MCNZ website re EPIC Credentialing.
About Southern DHB
Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities across a huge geographical area. We take pride in all the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Now is also a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move. The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Why don’t you check out https://careers.southernhealth.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Due to the fast paced nature of the DHB, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don’t delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Do you currently work for Southern DHB? If so, please apply for this role via the internal careers site.
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to:
- Occupational Health Assessment
- Police Vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
If you have any questions regarding this position please contact email@example.com
To send your details in support of an application please click the button below.