|POSITION TITLE:||O&G House Officer / SHO or Registrar – commencing November / December 2019|
|APPLICATION CLOSING DATE:||30/11/2019 11PM|
Southern DHB is currently seeking applications from RMOs interested in joining the team at Southland Hospital as an Obstetrics and Gynaecology House Officer, SHO or Registrar. This year, we have undertaken a transformational change of our roster and as a result have increased the overall number of RMOs working on it. After hours duties are now on site with dedicated night shifts as opposed to periods of on call.
You’ll be part of a small but dedicated team of Consultants, midwives, and obstetrics, gynaecology and colposcopy nurses, and offered extensive opportunities to develop your skills and talents as a Women’s Health practitioner. On any day you may be working in one of the 14 maternity rooms, four birthing rooms, operating theatre, or in our various clinics.
The opportunity to work in a modern facility and provide healthcare to a large geographical area, ensuring your exposure to a wide range of work.
Excellent support and opportunities for development through a high level of SMO contact and supervision.
One year of training at any level for RANZCOG trainees.
24/7 access to the library, weekly teaching and Grand Rounds, journal clubs, regular RMO forums, and exposure to a range of presentations to the hospital – all of which will equip you with a broad skill base to serve you well as you progress in your career.
Southland Hospital is a modern, 180+ bed, secondary level 4 base hospital situated in Invercargill, New Zealand. The Hospital services a population of approximately 108,000 throughout Invercargill, Queenstown, Gore, Stewart Island and rural Southland.
To top it off a lifestyle that is hard to beat! Southland is a wonderful place for families, with great educational facilities (primary through tertiary) and many activities available for all ages. Some of New Zealand’s most famous national parks, ski fields and wineries are within easy driving distance. To find out more about living here please click the following link https://southlandnz.com
Access to a number of Southern DHB staff holiday homes in Fiordland and Central Otago.
One week’s free accommodation, free parking and free meals when on duty.
- We are interested in hearing from RMOs with a minimum of two years’ post qualification experience, including some experience working in an O&G role.
- You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, and be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility for registration by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz.
How to Apply
- If you are interested in applying for this role please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- A current CV and cover letter. Please rank the runs you are interested in working in your cover letter.
- Contact details for 3 Consultants we may contact directly for references. These Consultants will have supervised your day-to-day clinical work and one of the referees provided must be from your current or most recent employer. Please ensure you advise your referees of their nomination so they are aware they will be contacted by an RMO Recruitment Advisor from the Southern DHB.
- The Medical Council of New Zealand (the Council) recently introduced a new method of primary source verification using the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates’ Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (ECFMG’s EPIC) service. Please visit the NZMC website for more details about these changes and information on enrolling. We encourage you to begin this process as soon as possible.
- Complete an application form by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
If you have any questions about the role, the application or the recruitment process please contact the Recruitment Advisor at email@example.com quoting the vacancy title and reference number.
To send your details in support of an application please click the button below.