|POSITION TITLE:||O&G Registrar (commencing 1 February 2021)|
|APPLICATION CLOSING DATE:||Open|
Keen to further develop your skills in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology?
Southern DHB is currently seeking applications from non-training registrars and both core and/or advanced trainees who are interested in joining the team at Southland Hospital.
Southland Hospital is a modern, 180+ bed, secondary level 4 base hospital situated in Invercargill, New Zealand. The Hospital services a population of approximately 108,000 throughout Invercargill, Queenstown, Gore, Stewart Island and rural Southland. The unit itself has approximately 1500 deliveries per year.
Where do I fit?
You’ll be part of a small but dedicated team of Consultants, midwives, and obstetrics, gynaecology and colposcopy nurses, and offered extensive opportunities to develop your skills and talents as a Women’s Health practitioner.
You will be working with experienced surgeons, doing a variety of open, laparoscopic, and vaginal surgery. Many registrars find they get much needed exposure and experience in laparoscopic hysterectomies. There is the opportunity to upskill in colposcopy for advanced trainees, and opportunities for exposure and upskilling in ultrasound.
On any day you may be working in one of the 14 maternity rooms, four birthing rooms, operating theatre, or in our various clinics.
What’s in it for me?
- A lifestyle that is hard to beat! Southland is a wonderful place for families, with great educational facilities (primary through tertiary) and many activities available for all ages. Some of New Zealand’s most famous national parks, great walks, ski fields and wineries are within easy driving distance. To find out more about living here please click the following link https://southlandnz.com
- Access to a number of Southern DHB staff holiday homes in Fiordland and Central Otago
- The opportunity to work in a modern facility and provide healthcare to a large geographical area, ensuring your exposure to a wide range of work
- Excellent support and opportunities for development through a high level of SMO contact and supervision
- One year of training at any level for RANZCOG trainees
- 24/7 access to the library, weekly teaching and Grand Rounds, journal clubs, regular RMO forums, and exposure to a range of presentations to the hospital – all of which will equip you with a broad skill base to serve you well as you progress in your career
- Free parking
What do I need?
We are interested in hearing from RMOs with a minimum of two years’ post qualification experience, including a minimum of 6 months experience working in an O&G role.
For those applying from overseas; in the event you are interested in commencing with Southern DHB earlier than 1 February 2021, please identify this, along with the date you are available to start, in your application.
You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, and be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility for registration by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz
Where do I apply?
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Please note that your application must contain the following:
- Up to date electronic copies of your CV and cover letter
- Contact details for three Consultants we may contact directly for references. These Consultants should have supervised your day-to-day clinical work and one of the referees provided must be from your current or most recent employer. Please ensure you advise your referees of their nomination so they are aware they will be contacted by Southern DHB.
The Medical Council of New Zealand (the Council) recently introduced a new method of primary source verification using the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates’ Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (ECFMG’s EPIC) service. Please visit the NZMC website for more details about these changes and information on enrolling. We encourage you to begin this process as soon as possible.
How to Apply
Please apply direct by clicking on the apply now button within this advertisement.
If you have any questions regarding this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To send your details in support of an application please click the button below.