Southern DHB is currently seeking applications from RMOs interested in joining the team at Southland Hospital as a Paediatric Registrar.
Southland Hospital is a modern, 180+ bed, secondary level 4 base hospital situated in Invercargill, New Zealand. The Hospital services a population of approximately 135,000 throughout Invercargill, Queenstown, Gore, Stewart Island and rural Southland.
You’ll be part of a close-knit team of four Paediatricians and eight Resident Medical Officers, supported by a nursing team, Play Specialist, Allied Health and support staff, providing comprehensive medical, orthopaedic and surgical services to patients from birth through to 16 years of age.
You will have the opportunity to see children with wide and varied pathologies, in a service that is supported by strong links with tertiary providers throughout New Zealand. The role varies to provide a comprehensive general Paediatric service, a number of clinic options, and a level two Neonatal service that supports up to 1600 deliveries per annum.
Southland Hospital is a modern, 180+ bed, secondary level 4 base hospital situated in Invercargill, New Zealand. The Hospital services a population of approximately 108,000 throughout Invercargill, Queenstown, Gore, Stewart Island and rural Southland. The unit itself has approximately 1500 deliveries per year.
- The opportunity to work in a modern facility and provide healthcare to a large geographical area, ensuring your exposure to a wide range of work
- Excellent support and opportunities for development through a high level of SMO contact and supervision
- One year of training at any level for RANZCOG trainees
- 24/7 access to the library, weekly teaching and Grand Rounds, journal clubs, regular RMO forums, and exposure to a range of presentations to the hospital – all of which will equip you with a broad skill base to serve you well as you progress in your career
- Free parking
A lifestyle that is hard to beat! Southland is a wonderful place for families, with great educational facilities (primary through tertiary) and many activities available for all ages. Some of New Zealand’s most famous national parks, great walks, ski fields and wineries are within easy driving distance. To find out more about living here please click the following link https://southlandnz.com. Access to a number of Southern DHB staff holiday homes in Fiordland and Central Otago.
- We are interested in hearing from RMOs with a minimum of two years’ post qualification experience, and some experience working in a Child Health role.
- You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, and be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility for registration by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz
- Please note that your application must contain the following:
- Up to date electronic copies of your CV and cover letter
- Contact details for three Consultants we may contact directly for references. These Consultants should have supervised your day-to-day clinical work and one of the referees provided must be from your current or most recent employer. Please ensure you advise your referees of their nomination so they are aware they will be contacted by Southern DHB.
Candidates who are not currently registered with the New Zealand Medical Council should be aware that it is a requirement of the NZ Medical Council that your qualifications are approved through EPIC. If you have a commitment to working in New Zealand it is highly recommended that you start this process as soon as possible so as to allow your subsequent registration to be undertaken in a timely fashion. For more information please visit MCNZ website re EPIC Credentialing.
About Southern DHB
Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities across a huge geographical area. We take pride in all the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Now is also a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move. The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Why don’t you check out https://careers.southernhealth.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Do you currently work for Southern DHB? If so, please apply for this role via the internal careers site.
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to:
- Occupational Health Assessment
- Police Vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)