|POSITION TITLE:||Paediatric Registrar – commencing June 2020|
|APPLICATION CLOSING DATE:||31/01/2020 11PM|
Southern DHB is currently seeking applications from RMOs interested in joining the team at Southland Hospital as a Paediatric Registrar.
Southland Hospital is a modern, 180+ bed, secondary level 4 base hospital situated in Invercargill, New Zealand. The Hospital services a population of approximately 108,000 throughout Invercargill, Queenstown, Gore, Stewart Island and rural Southland.
Where do I fit?
You’ll be part of a close-knit team of four Paediatricians and eight Resident Medical Officers, supported by a nursing team, Play Specialist, Allied Health and support staff, providing comprehensive medical, orthopaedic and surgical services to patients from birth through to 16 years of age.
You will have the opportunity to see children with wide and varied pathologies, in a service that is supported by strong links with tertiary providers throughout New Zealand. The role varies to provide a comprehensive general Paediatric service, a number of clinic options, and a level two Neonatal service that supports up to 1600 deliveries per annum.
What’s in it for me?
- A lifestyle that is hard to beat! Southland is a wonderful place for families, with great educational facilities (primary through tertiary) and many activities available for all ages. Some of New Zealand’s most famous national parks, ski fields and wineries are within easy driving distance. To find out more about living here please click the following link https://southlandnz.com
- Access to a number of Southern DHB staff holiday homes in Fiordland and Central Otago
- The opportunity to work in a modern facility and provide healthcare to a large geographical area, ensuring your exposure to a wide range of work
- Excellent support and opportunities for development through a high level of SMO contact and supervision
- 24/7 access to the library, weekly teaching and Grand Rounds, journal clubs, regular RMO forums, and exposure to a range of presentations to the hospital – all of which will equip you with a broad skill base to serve you well as you progress in your career
- Free parking
- What do I need?
We are interested in hearing from RMOs with a minimum of two years’ post qualification experience, and some experience working in a Child Health role.
You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, and be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility for registration by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz
How to Apply
To apply, please use the apply now button in this advertisement
Please note that your application must contain the following:
- Up to date electronic copies of your CV and cover letter
- Contact details for three consultants we may contact directly for references. These consultants should have supervised your day-to-day clinical work and one of the referees provided must be from your current or most recent employer. Please ensure you advise your referee of their nomination so they are aware they will be contacted by Southern DHB.
The Medical Council of New Zealand (the Council) recently introduced a new method of primary source verification using the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates’ Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (ECFMG’s EPIC) service. Please visit the NZMC website for more details about these changes and information on enrolling. We encourage you to begin this process as soon as possible.
You can contact the Recruitment team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
To send your details in support of an application please click the button below.